Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort
[Lift Tickets, Equipment Rental,
Ski & Snowboard Lessons, Special Programs, Children's Center,
Sierra-at-Tahoe, home to some of the finest tree skiing at Lake Tahoe,
has recently opened five backcountry access gates. The gates, accessed from the
top of Grandview chairlift, open the resort up to adventurous backcountry skiing
"Some of the chutes and terrain rivals the steepest terrain around Lake Tahoe,"
comments Sierra-at-Tahoe's Patrol Director, Robert Schultz. Not only does the
terrain provide more advanced skiing and snowboarding, but also offers the
remoteness and serenity easily appreciated in the Sierra Nevada.
Long known as the best place on
the mountain to ski, the West Bowl now offers more enticing reasons
to spend the day here. The West Bowl Smokehouse BBQ offers the best mesquite
tri-tip and ribs this side of Texas. The Cocktail waitresses in Chaps, a full
bar that Doc Holiday would be proud of, and the smell of hickory in the air - it
may seem like the OK Corral but between the beach chairs and the hot reggae
tunes, the style is definitely Californian.
Introducing the all NEW Burton Progression Park with boxes, jumps and
rails all located inches from the ground, perfect for those wanting to test
gravity one inch at a time. And with our Burton Learn-to-Ride programs, you'll
be jibbing and hucking in no time.
The South Shore Complimentary Shuttle is available daily, servicing
more than 40 casinos and lodging properties in South lake Tahoe, providing a
comfortable and convenient alternative to driving. For more information, please
call the Shuttle Bus Information at (530) 541-7548.
Great Service, Great Value, BIG FUN!
- Operating Hours:
- Weekends & Holidays - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Weekdays - 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Tubing - 11:00am to 4:00pm
- 7 days a week, snow and weather conditions permitting
- Holiday Periods:
- 11/24/06-11/25/06; 12/26/06-12/31/06; 01/13/07-01/14/07 and 02/17/07-02/18/07
- 2,000 acres with 46 Slopes and Trails
- 25% easier terrain, 50% more difficult and 25% most difficult
- Longest Run: 2.5 miles 'Sugar & Spice' (easier terrain)
- 12 Lifts: 3 Express Quad Chairlifts; 1 Triple Chairlift; 5 Double Chairlifts;
3 Surface Lifts
- 8,852' summit elevation, 6,640' base elevation
- 2,212' vertical rise
- 5 Terrain Parks & 2 Pipes
- There's a park (ski & snowboard) and pipe for all ages and abilities
- A Halfpipe - Ranked #1 Halfpipe in Lake Tahoe by Transworld Snowboarding magazine
- A 17-foot Superpipe
- Terrain park features change every week, you'll never see the same park twice
- Rail garden filled with kinked, curved and rainbow-shaped rails for jibbing o’plenty
- 8 Restaurants and 6 Bars
- Snowmaking on Superpipe
- Latest Ski Report &
Best On-Mountain Food in the West - Listed in Snow Country
Magazine as the best resort in the far west for on-mountain food. So, when
you're not on the hill, Stop at one of our restaurants in the base area or at
our mountain top lodge, for a meal to remember!
- The Bake Shoppe: Hearty breakfasts, fresh baked goods, cookies,
muffins, smoothies, ice cream and lunch-time favorites.
- The Aspen Cafe: Grilled entrees such as the famous Tommy Bomb
Burger and Belly Bomb.
- Cheeseburgers In Paradise: Hawaiian-style barbecue and Tiki Bar on
- The Sierra Pub: Pizza, sandwiches & our infamous nachos matched
with a full service bar with live entertainment on the weekends..
- The Front Porch: Specialty coffee drinks, full espresso bar, snacks-to-go,
and the all-new Fire Pit featuring S'mores
- Mountain Munchies: Cinnamon buns and Belgian waffles,
made-to-order, with tacos, burritos and taco salads on the lunch menu
At The Summit
- The Grand View Bar & Grill: Enjoy a grilled burger, tortilla wrap,
Asian cuisine, an
amazing panoramic view of Lake Tahoe and a full-service bar
In the West Bowl
- West Bowl Smokehouse BBQ: BBQ sandwiches, smoked brisket, sausages
and ribs, snacks and a full service bar
For the Ride Home
- PUV - Pizza Utility
Vehicles - Buzzing around the parking lot stocked with hot pizzas for the ride home.
2006/2007 Lift Ticket Rates
Lift Ticket Prices
|Afternoon (starts at 12:30pm)
|Holiday Afternoons (start at 12:30pm)
Kids 4 and under ski/ride FREE!!
Lake Tahoe Interchangeable Lift tickets: Perfect for the out-of-town visitor.
These lift tickets are good at the six largest resorts in the Tahoe area. Ask at the ticket window for details.
Redeem full-day lift ticket by 12:30pm to receive credit on your next lift
Tubing & Snowtoy Rates
|Tubing* (2 hours)
*Includes Tube and Tubing Lift access.
Call guest services at (530) 659-7453 ext 0 prior to arrival
to ensure Tubing is available.
Plus is an innovative program that allows you to calculate the amount of
vertical feet you ski or ride, while offering prizes, discounts and the
convenience of electronic ticketing, with members' only lift lines. To join, purchase your Vertical Plus
membership by calling
(530) 659-7453 ext. 208.
The rental shops opens from 8:00am-4:30pm on weekends and holidays, 8:30am-4:30pm on
weekdays. If you don't have the right gear or are looking to demo some hot new equipment,
check out the Sierra's complete rental shops. Our performance ski and snowboard
equipment is new every season and includes top of the line gear from
Rossignol, Volki, K2, Dynastar, Solomon and Tecnica
and snowboards from Burton, Nitro, Elevation, Never Summer, DC and Northwave.
|Ski, boots, poles
Board and boots
When it comes to skiing and snowboarding, the rewards of learning a new skill
or progressing to the next level are priceless. From private instruction to
specialized camps and free clinics for advanced skiers and riders,
Sierra-at-Tahoe is committed to sharing the treasure of winter sports with
Sierra, hired a new Ski & Snowboard Director, Doug Pierini, to oversee adult
and children lesson programs for the 2003-2004 winter season. Pierini brings
more then 16 years of ski school experience to Sierra-at-Tahoe. Also, Pierini is
1 of 15 members of the Professional Ski Instructor Association's National Alpine
Team and was selected by Ski magazine as 1 of the top 100 ski instructors in the
US in 2004
For more information call (530) 659-7453, ext. 290.
First Timers Package
- At Sierra-at-Tahoe, the instructors are so confident in their students
that they invented the Ski Guarantee. Offered to first time skiers, the
guarantee states that students will be able to ski the mountain
top-to-bottom on a 2.5-mile beginner run called Sugar n’ Spice, enjoying
incredible views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountain range, after
three lessons or the fourth lesson is free.
- Ski Guarantee includes limited lift tickets for the first two days,
full-mountain access lift ticket on the third day, equipment rentals and
two-hour group lesson.
- Days one, two and three do not need to be consecutive.
- For ages 13 and above.
Burton Learn to Ride Package
- Sierra-at-Tahoe is proud to partner with Burton Snowboards to bring
aspiring snowboarders the Burton Method Center's Learn-to-Ride (LTR)
Program. Developed by Burton Snowboards in conjunction with the American
Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI), LTR is an innovative learning
program designed to accelerate learning by utilizing beginner specific
equipment and the latest teaching methods. The primary goal of the LTR
program is to have riders linking turns comfortably their first day out, get
new riders hooked on snowboarding and leave them wanting more.
- Learn to Ride Lesson Package, 2 Hour
- Regular season: $79.00; Peak season: $83.00
- Learn to Ride All-Day Lesson Package
- Regular season: $94.00; Peak season: $99.00
- Learn to Ride Guarantee, $46.00/day
- Includes 3 days of 2 hour lessons, rentals and limited lift
tickets (3rd day ticket is all-mountain).
- We guarantee you will ride from the top of the mountain or
the 4th lesson is on us!
Private & Form Your Own Group Lessons
- Here at Sierra we have lots of ways to help you get out and enjoy your
day even more. Let our great staff help you get better - and have fun -
because at Sierra, that's what we're about! From learning new skills to
helping you ski/ride with more confidence and style, to sharing tips that
help you cope with challenging conditions…there is something for everyone.
- Private Lessons
- Private lessons do not include lift tickets or equipment.
- Reservations will be taken for 3 hour and all day private
lessons. For 1 and 2 hour private lessons reservations are not
taken. Lessons are subject to instructor availability. Please call
(530) 659-7453 ext. 270 for more information.
- 1 hour lesson, 1 person $87.00/$95.00 Holidays
- 2 hour lesson, 1 person $159.00/$165.00 Holidays
- 3 hour lesson, 1 person $192.00/$202.00 Holidays
- All-Day lesson, 1 person $279.00/$289.00 Holidays
- Form Your Own Group Lessons (2-5 people)
- 1 hour lesson $142.00/$148.00 Holidays
- 2 hour lesson $192.00/$202.00 Holidays
- 3 hour lesson $239.00/$249.00 Holidays
- All-Day lesson $320.00/$330.00 Holidays
- Early Bird Special
- The early bird gets the worm from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Those
who take advantage of the Early Bird Special can enjoy a private
lesson on freshly groomed slopes with no crowds and receive a great
deal at the same time.
Wild Mountain Day Care:
California licensed day care for kids ages 18 months to 5
At Sierra-at-Tahoe, we want the entire family to have fun, that's why we
provide a licensed day care for children 18 months to 5 years old. At Wild
Mountain Children's Center we provide tons of fun activities including a lot of
play time out in the snow. Don't worry about your child being potty-trained, at
Wild Mountain Day Care they don't need to be.
Licensed Daycare: #093600514. For reservations call: (530)
659-7453 ext. 270.
- Full Day
- 8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. on weekends and holidays; 8:30 a.m. - 3:45
p.m. Monday -Friday.
- Regular Season $101.00; Peak Season $106.00
- Half Day (am only)
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays; 8:30 a.m. -
12:00p.m. Monday -Friday.
- 3-Pak (M-F/non-holiday)
- Drop off the kids and hit the slopes for just $36.00 per day
with the Wild Mountain Day Care 3-Pak for $108.00
- Includes three full days of day care for children ages
18 months to five years.
- Includes indoor and outdoor activities, including arts
and crafts, snow play, snacks and lunch.
- Valid Monday-Friday, excluding blackout periods (Nov.
24-25, 2006; Dec. 26-31, 2006; Jan. 13-14, 2007; Feb. 17-18,
2007). Available in limited quantities, non-transferable.
- 3-Pak (anytime)
- The closest major Snowsport Resort to San Francisco and Sacramento
- 12 miles west of South Lake Tahoe, off US Hwy 50
- 72 miles from Reno, NV. Take interstate 395 south through Carson City,
NV to US Hwy 50 west
- 83 miles east of Sacramento off US Hwy 50
- 187 miles from San Francisco. Take interstate 80 east to US Hwy 50 east
- The South Shore Complimentary Shuttle is available daily, servicing more
than 40 casinos and lodging properties in South lake Tahoe, providing a
comfortable and convenient alternative to driving. For more information,
please call the Shuttle Bus Information at (530) 541-7548 (SKI TAHOE).
1111 Sierra-at-Tahoe Road, Twin Bridges, California 95735
Conditions Phone (530) 659-7475, General Information (530) 659-7453,
Lodging Packages (800) AT-TAHOE, Fax (530) 659-7749
January 04, 2012