Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski Resort
[Trail Passes, Rental Equipment, Ski School, Pee-Wee Snow School]
North America's Largest XC Ski Resort
When you really
want to get away from it all...
Leaving your worries behind and concentrating on the here and now is easy to
say, but not so easy to do. Being surrounded by views that take your breath away
definitely helps. That's why we've created rest stops at some of the most
beautiful places throughout the Resort - so you'll remember to stop and smell
Royal Gorge - A cross county skiing Mecca with over 330km of extensive
trails groomed to perfection. Snow Country Magazine ranked Lake Tahoe's Royal Gorge
XC Ski Resort "the number
one cross country ski resort in all of North America." Once you're on the mountain,
you'll understand why.
Ski and explore some of the most beautiful winter terrain you'll find anywhere -
thousands of acres of crisp, snow-clad wilderness amidst the majestic Sierra Mountains
just west of Lake Tahoe.
It's the kind of scenery that sends electricity rushing through a skier's soul. And you'll
need it to cover all the trails that await you at Royal Gorge!
Free Shuttle Bus service lets you enter the trail system at one
point, exit at another and then enjoy a free ride back to where it all
began. On weekends and holidays, skiers who enjoy the challenge of a
destination ski can traverse the Rainbow Interconnect or the Sugar Bowl
Interconnect Trail and then catch a shuttle back to Summit Station.
At Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski Resort you'll find :
- 9,000 acres of skiing terrain and an annual snowfall exceeding 600
- lowest elevation 5,800', highest elevation 7,400'
- Hours: 8:30am to 5pm weekends and holidays, 9am to 5pm weekdays
- 90 trails, 4 user friendly surface ski lifts
- 330km groomed track
- 28 novice trails, 46 intermediate trails, 16 advanced trails
- 3 Interconnect Trails - Inn to Inn trail, 22km ski
- 10 rejuvenating warming huts
- 4 refreshing trailside cafes
Summit Station Day
Lodge, complete with rental and retail shop, restaurant and
bar, restrooms, ski school and ski patrol center
- World's largest and most modern cross country grooming fleet
- Snow making, based at Summit Station Trailhead and covering 15km of trail
Ski Report &
- Van Norden, Sugar Bowl Interconnect & Ice Lakes Track Systems
- Please note the following changes in this 'The Trail Book' map
(we will post a new map when they update)
- Two Link Trail connects Pine Martin to International
- Summit Station, Palisade Peak, Wilderness Lodge, Devil's Peak,
Rainbow Interconnect Track Systems & Ski Lifts
- Please note the following changes in this 'The Trail Book' map
(we will post a new map when updated)
- Reindeer does not continue around to Switchback
- NEW TRAIL - Sunnyside & Jack's Jump connect Sterling's
- Tiny Tim Trail discontinued
2006/2007 Trail Passes
8:30am-5:00pm Weekends & Holidays/9:00am-5:00pm
|Adult All Day
|Afternoon Pass (after 1:30pm)
|Children under 12, Adults 75 and older
|Twilight Pass (after 3:00pm)
|Two Day Pass*
|Three Day Pass*
|If purchased before Nov. 15
*Two day passes valid only for two consecutive days. Three
day passes are valid for three out of four consecutive days.
Holiday Period / High Season
Dec. 20, 2006 - Jan. 2, 2007, Jan. 12-14, 2007, and Feb. 16-23, 2007.
NEW ROYAL GORGE & SUGAR BOWL COMBO PASS - For the first time, Royal
Gorge and Sugar Bowl are offering a combined season pass! That's right, ski
enthusiasts of all ages and stages can now ski on all slopes and trails of these
two magnificent ski areas by purchasing one combination season pass. The choice
is yours, cross country ski one day and alpine ski the next or swap your ski's
at lunch and enjoy the best of both worlds!
Seniors Discount (65 and over) - Full Day pass for the Afternoon Pass
rate, with proper ID.
AAA Members Discount - $1 off trail pass prices. One discount per card with proper
ID. Not valid weekends or High season.
Discounts only available at Summit Station Rental or Retail
Shop, not at trailhead ticket booths.
Early Departure Credit - Turn in your regular, full day adult trail
pass to the retail shop before 12:00pm and get a coupon for $5.00 off your next
full day adult midweek, non-holiday pass. Not valid with any other offers,
discounts or packages.
|Two for Tuesdays
Handily located at the Summit Station day lodge, our
Rental Store has a ski, boot and pole package available that will suit your
style - whether it's your first time on skis or your fiftieth! Our equipment is
state-of-the art, our inventory is expansive and our rental staff is ready to
Cross country skis, boots, poles (diagonal or skating)
- One Day Rental
- Adults $21.00 / Child 16 & Under $12.00
- Two Day Rental
- Adults $37.00 / Child 16 & Under $19.00
- Demo Performance Package/Metal Edge
- Pulk Sleds
- Group Lessons - 1½ hours
- Hours: 10:30am and 1:45pm daily, plus 12:15pm on weekends. Cost:
$25.00 or $48.00 including a trail pass*
- Private Lesson - 1 hour
- Hours: 9:30am and 12:30pm and 3:15pm daily. Cost:
$40.00 first person, $20.00 each additional person. Trail pass additional.
- Skating Lessons - 1½ hours
- Hours: 1:45pm weekdays, 10:30am, 12:15pm and 1:45pm on
weekends. Cost: $25.00 or $48.00 including a trail pass*.
- Telemark Clinic - 1½ hours
- Hours: 1:45pm on weekends. Cost: $25.00 or $48.00
including a trail pass*
- Private Lesson with Video Analysis - 1 hour
- Hours: 9:30am, 12:30pm and 3:15pm daily. Cost: $50.00 first
person, $25.00 each additional person. Trail pass additional*.
*A valid ski pass is required for all lessons.
Pee-Wee Snow School
This special program is for children ages 5 - 12 years and is available on
weekends and some holidays. Pee-Wee Snow School is just for kids and just for
fun. They get their own instructor, their own trail pass, their own equipment and a safe introduction
to snow and skiing that's just their size. Packages include equipment rental,
trail pass, instruction and supervision, as well as lunch with the morning or
AVAILABLE: Weekends, plus Dec. 20, 2006 - Jan. 2, 2007, Jan. 15,
2007, and Feb. 19-23, 2007.
Learn to Ski Special
For just $29.50 children (ages
10-16) will get a 1 1/2 hour group lesson, a full day trail pass and full day
rental of skis, boots and poles. Pulk sleds available as an alternative for
*Children 10-13 must be accompanied by an adult as they will be
participating in an adult group lesson.
"Royal Gorge is the number one cross country ski resort in all of North
- Snow Country Magazine
"A balance of activity and rest, fitness and fullness, companionship and
solitude - you can have it all at Royal Gorge."
- Ski Magazine
P.O. Box 1100, Soda Springs, California 95728
(800) 500-3871 or (800) 666-3871 in Northern California
Rainbow Lodge Ph: (530) 426-3661
December 28, 2012