Northstar-at-Tahoe Ski Resort
[Lift Tickets, Ski & Board Rentals,
Ski & Snowboard Lessons, Tubing, Child Care,
[Nordic Skiing & Snowshoe Center]
UPDATE: To celebrate the incredible season
Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort is having this year, season passes for the 2011.12
season are discounted for a limited time only through May 8. Purchase by May
8 to lock in this lowest price of the season and Spring benefits with only
$49 down! Any Epic Pass includes access to 7 world-class resorts including
the best in Tahoe: Northstar-at-Tahoe and Heavenly Mountain Resort and the
best in Colorado: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Arapahoe
Northstar-at-Tahoe...A winter escape just six miles from the
lake, where the emotional highs match the altitude. We're not huge like a lot of places. And that's for a reason. We always want this place to feel inviting and
friendly. We don't want it to be hard to get around. To go from one side of the mountain to the other is never more than a lift ride away. No sweating your way
across traverses. No taking six lifts to get back to your car at the end of the day when all you want to do is relax. And what about our people? What are they like? This may sound shocking, but we're friendly, happy folks who love what we do. And it's all kinds of fun!
Northstar can accommodate everyone. From a cozy room in the base village to a slopeside condominium to a spacious mountain home. Convenient one stop shopping with
one phone call: 1-800-GO-NORTH can book lodging, lift tickets, lessons, rental car and airfare. Once you arrive at Northstar our complimentary on-site shuttle transportation lets you leave the driving to us. All lodging guests receive complimentary access to Northstar's Recreation Center with outdoor spas, swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness center and teen center.
- Trails: 93
- 19 Total Lifts:
- One express gondola, One pulse gondola, One six-pack express,
Six quad express chairlifts, One quad fixed grip, Two triple
chairlifts, Two triple chairlifts, Two tow/surface lifts, Five magic
- Uphill capacity of 34,799 skiers per hour
- Skiable Area: 3,000 Acres/1,214 hectares
- 7 Terrain Parks: halfpipe, superpipe, signature freestyle terrain features, and six Adventure Parks loaded with natural terrain features for kids of all ages.
- Longest Run: 1.4 miles/2.09km - Logger's Loop
- Beginner: 13%, Intermediate: 60%, Advanced: 27%
- Cross Country:
- Summit Elevation: 8,610ft/2624m
- Base Elevation: 6,330ft/1929m
- Vertical Drop: 2,280ft/695m
- Snowfall: Average 350"/9m
- Snowmaking: 50% (largest system in N. Lake Tahoe)
- Hwy Map,
Trail Map, Village Map
- Latest Ski Report & Current Events
Restaurants & Dining Facilities
- Martis Valley Grille - Enjoy an incredible view of the Martis Valley and the golf course from our outdoor, heated patio (indoor seating available).
Open daily for lunch and après golf cocktails. Patio is available for private group functions or special parties. Full bar available.
Menu includes breakfast items, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs and a full
assortment of snacks.
- True North - Elegance blended with Tahoe-casual is the ambiance at True North Restaurant. Award-winning Executive Chef Christopher Banovich
prepares a menu of California-American cuisine with hints of Pacific Rim
flair. Specialties include game dishes as well as traditional steak and
seafood entrees. Wine recommendations are listed with each entree. A
full-service bar, expanded cafe/appetizer menu, and children's menu are
also available. Consistently one of Tahoe’s best restaurants and
recipient of the “Wine Spectator” Award of Excellence, it now showcases
sustainable food choices using Niman Ranch all-natural beef and pork,
fresh organic produce and Monterey Bay Aquarium-approved seafood flown
in daily from Honolulu. Wine recommendations are listed with each
entree. True North is open daily for lunch and dinner from mid-December
through closing day in April.
- Chilly Pepper's Cantina - The new Chilly Pepper's Cantina, a
festive Mexican cantina open during the winter season, is located
upstairs in the Lodge at Big Springs. Looking for some of the best
burritos and tacos in the North Lake Tahoe area? Head to Chilly Peppers
Cantina at mid-mountain on the deck of the day lodge where you will find
hearty portions and affordable prices on tasty burritos, tacos, and
more! The menu includes tacos, burritos, taco salads and specialty
- Lodge at Big Springs - located at mid-mountain, is the perfect winter spot to enjoy a bite while watching skiers and snowboarders cruise down the mountain. Indoor seating is available on three levels, and two outside decks provide additional elbow room. The Lodge at Big Springs this season features three new food stations to satisfy diverse appetites. A pizza station, and a bar with your choice of baked potato, soup or chili, outdoor barbecue for grilled specialties, gyros stand, and a cafeteria menu of hamburgers, French fries, hot dogs, and more are also available at the Lodge. The Lodge at Big Springs is open daily from 8:30am to 4pm, during the winter season.
- The Summit Deck & Grille - While views of Lake Tahoe are a feast for the eyes, the Summit Deck Grille offers a feast for the hungry. Located at the summit of Mt. Pluto, the Summit Deck and Grille offers indoor seating for chilly afternoons and expansive deck seating for basking in the sun. A full-service bar and views of Lake Tahoe add finishing touches to this locals' favorite. Specialties include Santa Fe Grille fajitas, Santa Maria barbecued tri-tip steak, Southwestern quesadillas, spicy chili, and stir fry dishes. The Summit Deck and Grille will operate daily from
9am to 3pm during the winter season.
- Lodging at Northstar, Call: (800) GO-NORTH
- Stay and Ski Free™ packages - start at just $115. At Northstar choose from over 240 units featuring hotel style rooms,
condominiums, to 3-6 bedroom homes. Each unit is uniquely decorated in a comfortable mountain theme.
Thanks to the addition of new Village luxury condominiums, the new
Northstar Lodge™ ~ Hyatt® Residence Club, and The Ritz-Carlton, Lake
Tahoe, Northstar® Resort now has an even wider variety of lodging
options for you
- NEW VILLAGE AT NORTHSTAR - Featuring 100 luxury condominiums, a variety of shopping options from stylish boutiques, art galleries and specialty retailers to a collection of cafes and restaurants all centered around a year-round ice skating rink.
2010/2011 Lift Ticket
Regular Season Rates
Lifts operate 8:30am-4:00pm daily
|Afternoon (after 12:30pm)
*Multi-day purchase of three days required with a one day
grace period, after the fourth day the ticket expires.
(4 & Under)
Peak Season: December 25, 2010 - January 1, 2011,
January 15 - 17, 2011, February 19 - 28, 2011.
Lift ticket sales are limited. If a sellout occurs in the morning, afternoon tickets will not be sold.
who join the
Vertical Plus™ club enjoy an array of benefits including
members-only lift lines, a free lift ticket with membership purchase and daily
lift ticket discounts. Members receive a personalized photo identification
wristband that contains a pre-programmed computer chip for calculating the
amount of vertical feet that they accrue. The vertical feet are assigned points
that can be applied toward prizes including food, beverages, snowsports
merchandise and summer activities such as golf and mountain biking. Also,
members using the autocharge feature can accrue feet for purchases made at the
resort. Members enjoy the same perks at Northstar’s sister resort,
For information on group rates of 20 or more,
Call: (530) 562-8024
Ski & Snowboard Rentals
Our rental shop has a state-of-the-art computer check-out system to speed you through. We are constantly updating our equipment each and every season and
keeping it all in good condition with our Snowell precision tuning machines. And
if you want to get a jump on the next day, rent skis and snowboards online at
your convenience and it'll be waiting for you at the Resort. It’s simple.
Register right here. Tell us the equipment package you want, your size, your
ability level, and when you plan to enjoy the snow. When you arrive, just come
into our rental shop, go through the express line (available for advanced
reservations only), pick up your boots, skis or snowboards, and go!
- Skis and Snowboards
- Adult (13+)
- Regular Season/Peak Season
- Single-day $47/$49
- Two-day $86/$90
- Three-day $129/$135
- Child (5-12)
- Regular Season/Peak Season
- Single-day $28/$30
- Two-day $52/$56
- Three-day $78/$84
*All rates subject to change without notice. Peak rates apply.
Rental rates include skis, boots and poles or snowboard and boots.
Ski/snowboard-only and snowboard boot-only rates are also available. Afternoon
rates available after 12:30 p.m.
Try out the latest and greatest gear and see how they hold up on the steeps,
in the bumps or through the powder. The Demo Center carries the newest skis from
K2, Nordica, Volkl, Atomic, Dynastar, Blizzard and Rossi; ski boots from
Technica, Nordica, Lange and Atomic. Demo snowboards from Burton, Forum, Rome,
DC and K2. Try it before you buy it!
Skiing & Snowboarding Lessons
- No matter who you are or what level you’re at, the Northstar® Ski &
Snowboard School has a lesson program for you. To make the first day easy,
we have “magic carpet” beginner lifts for all age groups, station teaching
for those who want to learn at their own pace and free lessons for advanced
intermediate & above skiers/riders (restrictions apply). We even have
special toddler programs designed for parents skiing with their kids ages
- Multi-day packages are always your best deal. Ask about the adult
3-Day Passport to Learning.
- For a lesson package,
rental equipment and lift ticket, go straight to the Village Rental Shop.
just lessons, go to the Ticketing and Pass Center in the Village or to Snowsports at Mid-Mountain
All Day Spring It On lesson package: An all-day
lesson package from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Package includes Ski or Snowboard instruction, rental equipment and an all
day lift ticket good on the Big Easy, Arrow, and Gondola.
- Lesson Package Price: $49.00
- Half Day lesson Package: A 2.5 hour afternoon lesson
package offered from 1:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Package includes Station Teaching,
rental equipment and an all day lift ticket good on the Big Easy, Arrow, and
- 3 Day Passport: You will be graduating from the greens to the
blues in no time with our 3-Day Passport!
The 3-Day Passport
includes 3 days of limited access lift tickets (Big Easy, Arrow, and
Gondola), equipment rentals and lessons. Days do not need to be consecutive.
- Free Lessons
- Offered Monday through Friday @ 1:30p.m.
- Meet at the top of the Comstock Express Chairlift for a free 2
hour, 15 minute intermediate/advanced ski/snowboard lesson..
- Subject to availability and weather conditions.
- Must be ability level 6 or higher and age 13 or older.
- January 3-14, 2011; January 18 - February 18, 2011; and February
28 through the end of the 2010.11 winter season.
- Child Group Lesson Rates Program (Beginner - Advanced)
- All Day Lesson Package
- All day from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Includes all day lift, lesson, equipment rental and lunch.
- Lesson Package Regular Season $139.00 - Peak Season $159.00
- Lesson Only Regular Season $129.00 - Peak Season $149.00
- Morning/Afternoon Package Regular Season $109.00 - Peak Season $119.00
- Half Day Lesson Package
- Offered 10:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. or 1:15 p.m.- 3:45 p.m.
- Includes lift, lesson and equipment rental.
- Lesson Package Regular Season $92.00 - Peak Season $102.00
- Lesson Only Regular Season $79.00 - Peak Season $89.00
- Call: (530) 562-3470 for more details
- Teach Your Tots (ages 3-4)
- Private Lessons
- 2 hour lesson for children ages 3-4 and their parents
- Starts at 2:00pm
- Regular season lesson: $149.00, Peak season $159.00
- Mommy, Daddy and Me
- Free 45 minute lesson for kids (skiers only) ages 3 - 4 and their
- Offered Sunday through Friday at 1:30 p.m. excluding peak season.
- Subject to availability.
- Tubing Fun at Northstar - There's
nothing better than gliding down a slope on a tube, feeling the cold spray
of snow in your face! In the tubing area, tubes and riders are transported
by tow lift to the top of the hill. Tubing is located mid-mountain just
above the Gondola.
- Tickets can be purchased at the Tubing Center or any
Northstar ticketing location.
- Tickets are $21.00/$23.00 the first hour and $12.00/$14.00 each additional
- Age and other restrictions apply.
- Call: (530) 562-2267 for more information
Minors’ Camp offers state licensed child care and outdoor play for non-skiing
children ages 2 - 6. Minors' Camp will keep the little ones busy all day long
with lots of fun activities, so they won't miss their parents for a
second. Don't worry about your child being potty-trained, at
Minor's Camp Day Care they don't need to be. Minors’ Camp is located at the Golf
Course Clubhouse. Reservations are recommended Call: (530) 562-2278 for
- Child Care
- Minors’ Camp offers state licensed child care for children
ages 2-4 (must be toilet trained).
- Learn-to-ski is available for children
- Minors’ Camp is located at the Golf Course Clubhouse. CA license
- Reservations recommended (530) 562-2278.
- Three Options available
- All Day: 8:30am to 4:30pm (Includes child care, lunch and snacks) $119.00; Peak season: $129.00
- Morning only: 8:30am to 12:30pm (Includes child care and
lunch) $99.00; Peak season:$119.00
- Kid's Night Out: 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Includes child care and
- Available: Fridays, December 17 - April 15, Saturday, February
19 and Monday, February 21 (President's Day)
Northstar Dr. off Hwy. 267, 6 miles from Truckee or Kings Beach
P.O. Box 129, Truckee, California 96160
Reservations (800) GO-NORTH(466-6784), Office & Conditions (530) 562-1010
January 04, 2012