Kirkwood Ski Resort - Cross Country Center
[Trail System, Trail Passes, Rentals & Demos, Cross Country Instruction, Day Care]
Above all the rest, with a base elevation of 7,800 feet and 80 kilometers of
machine groomed trails, Kirkwood Cross Country offers the most spectacular scenery and the most exciting terrain in the west.
Nestled in a beautiful Alpine Valley just south of Lake Tahoe, our diverse terrain provides excellent skiing for all abilities. You will climb to ridge tops, glide along the base of
impressive lava cliffs and roll along creeks through picturesque meadows. It's the spectacular scenery that lingers in your mind after skiing at Kirkwood Cross Country
in Lake Tahoe.
Kirkwood is dog friendly and allows dogs on two trails, the High Trail located behind the Kirkwood Inn and the Inner Loop on the meadow.
Kirkwood offers a new adventurous way to spend the evening - Night Walking! Headlamps and snowshoes are available for overnight rental.
Kirkwood Nordic Center Features:
- 80 kilometers of groomed track
- Three interconnected trail systems
- Two trailhead facilities with parking areas
- Classic, skating and telemark instruction and equipment rentals
- Three warming huts along the trails
- Snowshoe rentals
- Terrain: 20% beginner, 60% intermediate, 20% advanced
Trail Map, Highway Map
Ski Report &
Kirkwood XC Trail System
Kirkwood Cross Country's trail system is divided into three sections. The Meadow System which is located on the South side of Highway 88 and spans the two
mile length of Kirkwood Meadow. The Caples Creek System which is on the North side of Highway 88, beginning at the Cross Country Center and the Caples Creek System which
connects with the Schneider Trail System via "Agony" and "Ecstasy" trails. The Schneider trails are located at higher elevations,
climbing to over 9,000 feet thus affording phenomenal views of the surrounding vistas and Caples lake. These trails may also be accessed by car for some who wish to avoid
"Agony" and "Ecstasy," which are both advanced trails.
2006/2007 Trail Pass Rates
Child (6 & under)
*Half-Day begins at 1:00pm.
*Holiday Rates May Vary
Rossignol Demo Center
Kirkwood Cross Country and Snowshoe Center features the Evo ski,
available in traditional and ski skate models. New this season is a full size
range of Rossignol light weight backcountry skis and boots
|Pulk (sled to pull child)
Safety. Your safety is affected by your common sense. Be prepared for inclement weather. Trail conditions vary with weather and skier use. Ice, bare spots, fallen trees,
and other obstacles may appear on the track at any time. Watch for grooming equipment.
Cross Country Skiing Instruction
- Our Director, seven time World Masters Champion, Debbi Waldear, oversees the Ski School which offers instruction in diagonal stride,
and skating as well as guided tours. The expansive Kirkwood Meadow offers some of the
best learning terrain in the Sierra. Advanced reservations suggested, call (209) 258-7248.
- Beginner's Package (trail pass, equipment & lesson) daily at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Adult: $48.00/$42.00
- Junior: (13-18) $40.00/$35.00
- Child: (6-12) $25.00
- Skater's Package: (trail pass, equipment & lesson) weekends
ONLY at 10:30am
- Adult: $50.00
- Junior: (13-18) $45.00
- Child: (6-12) $35.00
- Ski/Skills Tour: (trail pass, equipment & lesson) weekends
ONLY at 1:30pm
- Adult: $48.00
- Junior: $40.00
- Child: $25.00
- Private Lessons: Daily, with advance reservation
- Adult/Junior: $48.00 per hour, and $15.00 per additional skier.
*Holiday rates may vary.
Mini Mountain Day Care
- Mini Mountain Day Care Center is located conveniently, right next to
the Red Cliffs Day Lodge in a building with lots of windows. And for those of you with children in both programs, we're offering "drop off" at either location.
- Mini Mountain is open to children ages 2 through 6 and features professional supervision with daily indoor and outdoor fun. Activities
include games, art, music, dramatic play and stories (lic. #020313304). For reservations, call (209) 258-7274,
- Full Day: $100.00
- Half Day: $80.00
- Daycare/Ski Lesson Combo: (4 - 6 years old) $105.00
- Holiday Rates: Increase by $6.00
1501 Kirkwood Meadows Drive, off Hwy 88
P.O. Box 1, Kirkwood, California 95646
Resort (209) 258-6000, Reservations (800) 967-7500 or (209) 258-7000, Cross Country Center (209) 258-7248, Ski Report Hotline (877) KIRKWOOD
January 15, 2013