Welcome to Soda Springs. In 1935, Soda Springs was one of the just a few established ski resorts in the West attracting early day adventurers outfitted in laced leather boots with wooden skis. Much has changed since those early days. Chairlifts have replaced tows, slopes are groomed, and travel is easy via Interstate 80’s direct route through the mountains. Modernization hasn’t effected the tradition, however. The welcoming small resort spirit and relaxed atmosphere of days past can still be discovered at Soda Springs.
Soda Springs is just 1 mile off I-80 at Donner Summit, exit at Soda Springs. The small resort atmosphere makes taking the family to the mountains a pleasure. You can ski and snowboard, snow tube, try out the mini snowmobiles for kids ages 6-12, or just sit on the deck and enjoy the view.
WINTER RESORT FACTS
- Chair Lifts: 1 Triple, 1 Double, 1 Tubing Carpet and 2 Moving Carpets; Trails: 15
- 6,700 feet base elevation
- 7,325 feet summit elevation
- 625 feet vertical drop
- Terrain: 30% beginner, 50% intermediate, 20% advanced
- Snowboard Parks:
- Snowboarders and skiers will find that Soda’s “Kids X” Park offers just the right size jumps and banks to catch small-sized air, while Soda’s more advanced terrain park “Triple T” has larger jumps and a funbox. The “Kids X” Park is located off Lion’s Head Chair, and “Triple T” is found below mid-station off Crystal Bowl Chair
- Open 9:00am – 4:00pm Thursday – Monday.
- Open 7 days a week Nov. 25-25, Dec. 25, 2010 – Jan. 2, 2011, Jan. 15-17, 2011, & Feb. 19-27, 2011.
- Snow tubing open daily 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Highway Map
- Trail Map
- Latest Ski Report & Current Events
2010/2011 Lift and Tubing Rates
Lift Includes all ski/snowboard/tube lifts.
*ski & snowboard lifts only
- Adult ski/snowboard package $39.00
- Children’s ski/snowboard package $28.00
- Helmet Rental $5.00
- Mini Snowmobiles
- Kids ages 6-12 can hop on their very own pint-sized snowmobile and try out the sport of snowmobiling – kid style.
- Soda offers a circular track to contain our little drivers and helmets are provided. $10 for 10 laps.
Fun Comes in a Tube!
Now 2 lifts access several flumes and loads of tubing fun for the entire family. On the Tube Express gear up for an action packed ride through twists and banked turns on one of four flumes. Or take it easy on the Little Dipper where children and families enjoy slower paced tubing excitement. Children are welcome on tubing tows at a minimum of 3 years and/or 42″ tall. Please call in advance. Tubing tows operate from 10:00am-4:00pm. Snow tubes are provided. Personal tubes and sleds are not permitted.
Snow Tubing Only Tickets: All Ages $25.00
Ski or Snowboard School Lessons & Packages
- Beginner Package: $65.00
- Complete package includes a beginner lift ticket, 1½ hour group lesson & equipment rental. Ages 7 and up.
- Ski or Board – Lesson times: 10:00am, 12:00p.m. & 2:00pm
- Upgrade to Full Mountain Lift Ticket $10
- Go the next step, that same day for another 1½ hour lesson for just $10.00 more. Next Step lessons are offered at 2:15pm only
- Group Lesson: $28 .00
- 1½ hour group intermediate & advanced lessons, Ski or Board
- Offered at 10:00am & 2:15pm
- Add a second session for just $10.00 more.
- All Mountain Upgrade: $10.00
- Sharpen your skills with a complete package including an all mountain lift ticket, 1½-hour group intermediate or advanced lesson & equipment rental.
- Planet Kids: $10
- Now featuring a moving carpet for first time skiers and boarders ages 8 and under. Parents must be present. Rental equipment is available at Planet kids and is included in the cost. When your child is ready to hit the chairlifts, a $25 lesson gets you a 30 minute upgrade to a chairlift lesson at 11:30am, 1:30pm or 3:30m. See Trails page for a picture of planet kids. Proudly sponsored by Powerade.
- Carousel Open Daily, Moving Carpet Open Weekends & Holidays 10am-3pm.
- Private Lessons: $55.00
- For up to 2 people.
- Sunrise Lessons: $45.00
- Offered from 9:00am to 10:00am. For up to 2 people.