We know attitude is everything, but at Mt. Rose altitude is everything. Mt. Rose offers Tahoe’s highest base starting at 7,900’ and rocketing up 1800 vertical feet, ensuring the most supreme snow conditions even on the sunniest spring days.
Lake Tahoe’s Mt. Rose boasts the fact that it is the closest skiing & snowboarding resort to the Reno/Tahoe Airport, the gateway to the Sierra, placing Rose a convenient 25 minutes from over 17,000 incredibly affordable rooms and unmatched nightlifein Reno. This ideal locale makes Tahoe’s highest base ski resort the perfect choice for the first and last day of your Lake Tahoe vacation. Find out for yourself about Tahoe’s best value, and most convenient skiing.
- Distance: No. Lake Tahoe: 11 mi., Reno/Tahoe Airport: 22 mi., Downtown Reno: 25 mi.
- 8 Lifts: 2 “Six Pack”, 2 Quads (fixed grip), 2 Triple Chairs (fixed grip) and 2 Surface Lifts
- 1200+ Ski–able Acres
- Top Elevation 9,700′
- Average Snowfall 350 inches (30 feet!)
- Base Elevation 8,260‘ (Tahoe’s Highest)
- Vertical Drop 1,800′
- Longest Run 2.5 miles
- Terrain: 20% beginner, 30% intermediate, 40% advanced, 10% expert
- Terrain Parks: Badlands & Double Down (both located in Slide Bowl) and Pondo (accessed from the Ponderosa chair)
- Snowmaking: 28% coverage (top to bottom)
- Total Trails 60+
- Lodge Hours: Weekends – 7:30am – 6:00pm, Weekdays – 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Lift Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm, Blazing Zephyr 6 Chair 8:30am – 4:00pm.
- Half Day Hours: morning: 9am – 12:30pm, afternoon: 12:30pm – 4pm
- Location Map, Trail Map
- Latest Ski Report & Current Events
- Main Lodge
- Features: Tickets Sales, Ski School Counter, Rosebuds Children’s Ski & Snowboard Center, Ski and Snowboard Rental & Repair Shops, Information Desk, Guest Services, Sport Shop, Ski and Basket Check, Ski Patrol / Satellite First-aid, Lodgepole Cafe, Taco Bar, Timbers Tavern, Higher Grounds Coffee Bar, View-B-Que on sundeck (weather permitting), Mountain View dining area, Cornice and Summit room meeting facilities.
|Great rates are available when lift tickets are purchased ONLINE…and for maximum savings, try our multi-day tickets!